Monday, June 8, 2009

TENJI - Japanese Buffet Gourmet Sensation


It's a hit in town! Everyone is talking about TENJI. I need to keep on track, therefore I have a go to have a thorough look on it!!! However, in this posting, I would focus on more photos than words. You'll get my point once you go through the entire posting!!! ^.^


ID (Interior Design)
To be honest, the ID of Tenji is fabulous! Nothing to be complained about! The luxurious design, the comfy environment, the lighting & etc. create a warm & soothing atmosphere. As a result, customers might be paying for the ID instead of the food!!!












































Well, as you can see from the photos I've uploaded, it seems like there are plenty of choice & it looks yummy. Frankly speaking, no doubt there are various types of dishes, e.g. Japanese, Chinese & Western food, but, the taste isn't as superb as I heard from the rumours.

Let's begin with JAPANESE CUISINE. Sushi is not good!!! The rice is too hard, & the seafood on top of some of the sushi is very dry. Moreover, the mussels tempura taste so bad. The flour coating is too thick. The mussels do not taste fresh, the fishy smell of the mussels are too strong. Fortunately, sukiyaki is good. The mushrooms add points to the small little pot of sukiyaki.
To named themselves as "JAPANESE BUFFET RESTAURANT", by all means, the standard of their Japanese food should be the best. Surprisingly disappointed!

CHINESE CUISINE
Fair amount of Chinese food available. Steamed fish, crab, dim sum, steamed 'pao', herbal soup, fried rice, etc. I'm satisfied with the Chinese food. It's tasty but not the best. (If you want the best Chinese food, go to a Chinese Restaurant, why are you coming here!!!???) Ok, chill! The steamed fish is great, the dim sum is not bad, the crab is so-so. Ordinary but acceptable.

WESTERN FOOD
I did not try much on the western food, because I went there for Japanese food!!! I saw roast lamb, pasta, potato wedges...etc.

DESSERTS
Loads of desserts, such as cakes, tarts, puddings, cookies, chocolate fondue, ice-cream, 'ice-kacang', fresh coconut drink, fruits, pop-corn, etc... My favourite of all would be their coconut & mochi, Japanese mochi I mean!!! There are 3 choices, red bean mochi, mango mochi & cookie mochi. The best among these 3 would be mango mochi. Moreover, I'm happy that their choices of ice-cream aren't restricted to only vanilla, chocolate & green tea, RUM-RAISIN IS AVAILABLE!!!


SERVICE
This is the 1st time I concentrate on the service provided by the staffs. This is because it was horrible!!! I have been clearing my own table for more than an hour!!! When I brought back the sukiyaki onto my table, no one was there to light the boiler for me!!!
I'm not joking & I'm not defaming Tenji. There are so many CCTV inside & out of the restaurant. I have prove, unless the CCTVs are not working as well!!!
Hence, Tenji should not charge us on service!!! No service was provided but money was paid!!!


SUMMARY
I'm a 'buffet-person'. I've been to different Hotels for buffet. Most of them provide top-class service. This was the 1st time I encountered bad service from a Buffet dining place. It was disappointing.
Moreover, the rate charged is a hotel-class rate. Unfortunately, there aren't hotel-class of food neither there is good service.

Price Meal Type

RM77.00++ Lunch

RM88.00++ Dinner

RM39.90++ Supper

Hopefully improvement will be made soonest possible.


Location:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 50480


Star-rating: 3/10*

No comments:

Post a Comment