Sunday, May 10, 2009

C.A.F.F.E.I.N.E.E.S.

Thanks to my boyfriend, I got to know about this cafe. It's really cozy & laid back. On & off I'll be hanging there either alone or with Hipopo. It's not that easily accessible by non-Ampangers, but it's reachable. In order to hunt for good food, I'm willing to pay for the RM2 DUKE!!!

NASI LEMAK
This is my favourite rice-dish of all. The chicken is extremely awesome! It's destroying my diet plan again & again. I can never resist it. It's so crispy & the taste of it is really special, only CAFFEINEES!!! I went during lunch-time, & this is 1 of their lunch set meals. Affordable price with amazing taste. Comes with a drink as well, hmmm hmmm... [Price: $ / Worthiness: Excellent]


CAFFEINEES BAKED RICE
In the menu, it is stated as 'It's good!'. Well, the chicken is the same as those in the nasi lemak, definitely good!!! However, the rice is not my bowl of rice. A little too hard & dry. But Mr. Hipopo likes it. It really depends on each individual. By the way, their salad as a side dish is really good as well. I assume the salad sauce is homemade, it's superb! The soulishness of the sauce exaggerated your appetite. I love the pineapple cubes in it!!! (Can I have more pineapple cubes in my salad next time??? Please...) [Price: $ / Worthiness: Good]

KAMPUNG FRIED RICE
This will be the 1st runner-up for the rice-dish. It's so hot & spicy but I just can't stop eating!!! I HATE ONIONS, I have no choice but to swollow the onions in this fried rice!!! Because it's cooked til the extent I can't feel the existence of the onions. The chilli padi in it is uncountable, I tucked in like nobody business!!! I have never eaten so much of freshly cut chilli in my life!!! It may sound horrible, but it tastes remarkable!!! The cucumber with chilli sauce, to me, it's a bit weird, but acceptable, but I didn't finish it. The satay-look-alike chicken skewer is yummy-licious. I think it's some lemongrass-herbs marinated chicken. Very good!!! [Price: $ / Worthiness: Better than good]

I'm ashamed to admit that I have forgotten what this dish called, sigh... Well, I adore this chicken. It's some chicken chop with special mushroom sauce. There are generous amount of mushroom on top of it which is able to be seen!!! No joke! The wedges are nicely deep fried with some curry powder or some herbs powder, I don't know. But the tastes differ twice when I ordered this, due to too much of that powder sprinkled which created bitterness. But all in all, it is good! [Price: $ / Worthiness: Good]


CARIBBEAN CHICKEN FETTUCINE
Surprisingly, this pasta tastes a little spicy but not hot as in really hot. The spiciness is mild. I like fettucine, I like this unique taste, I like the mushrooms in it, but i dislike chicken breast!!! Oh no, it's so chunky!! But I still finished it, no choice... I would suggest them to use chicken ham instead. It will be smoother to be swallowed. [Price: $ / Worthiness: Better than good]


SUMMARY:
Today I will stop right here. I will need part 2 & 3 & 4... etc etc to finish them up because I have been there quite a number of times. Next time, I will go with drinks , desserts only.
Finally, it's a place to hang out by everyone casually. A place for good food without the need of deep pocket!!!

Address:
No. 2, Jalan Excella 2, Taman Ampang Hilir, 55100 KL, Malaysia.

Star-rating: 7/10*

No comments:

Post a Comment