Tuesday, May 12, 2009

DAORAE KOREAN BBQ


The Korean trend hit us in Malaysia around year 2000, & this 'heat-wave' has not ended. On the other hand, it becomes so 'hot' as not only you can find Korean restaurants in Ampang or Desa Sri Hartamas like old days, but now you can easily pop into a restaurant selling Korean food in almost anywhere.
Daorae restaurant branches 5 different places, it makes it more reachable. It's a good move, but most importantly they have to serve good food instead of mushroom-ing the branches.
I've been to this restaurant a few times, as their taste suits me. So today, I would like to concentrate mainly on barbeque first.

To go with our BBQ, we are served with some lettuce, garlic (later to be put into the BBQ tray), some special sauces differ according to the meat you order. I've tried 2 types of meat & a seafood, personally I like the seafood dipping sauce, it's like tartar sauce, yummy!




PORK BBQ (JU-MUL-LUK) (NON-HALAL)
Usually during barbeque session, people love ordering either pork or beef due to the juiciness of these 2 types of meat. The fats in these meat, after being barbequed, it become tender & juicy. Since I'm not a beef eater, I've chosen pork instead. The meat is so fresh. Trust me, it's really fresh, & I don't even bother about the marination amymore!!! Unfortunately, the waiter who helped us barbeque over-cooked it, the pork lost it's tenderness, but it is still juicy. After being wrapped with lettuce, fresh green shallots, garlic, & the special sauce, it became so tasty!!! [Price:$$ / Worthiness: Fair]

MARINATED CHICKEN BBQ (DAK-GLA-BI)
I love this BBQ, because I love chicken!!! It's well marinated & it's very very tender & succulent, better than pork. The reason why it is so tender is because the part served is drumstick, very generous of them (in Asian country, drumstick meat is usually more expensive than breast meat). Therefore, this is the best choice for white meat eater. My mum & my aunt say that the sauce for the chicken BBQ is a little salty. But for me, I'm just loving it!!! [Price: $$ / Worthiness: Better than good]







FRESH GRILLED LARGE PRAWNS (SE-WOO GOO-E)
I'm a prawn-freak, or should I say a seafood-freak. I love to eat prawns, the bigger, the better. But in 1 condition, IT MUST BE FRESH!!! These two yummy-licious HUGE prawns are really fresh!!! I was at an ecstatic status even before eating it!!! My emotion reached the top-of-the-hill when the 1st piece was put into my mouth!!! It's unresistable!!! HELP, GIMME MORE OF THESE PRAWNS!!! If it weren't this pricy, I think I would have already orderd the 2nd, or the 3rd or the 4th... plates. It's worth to splurge once in a while, maybe during new year, CNY, X-mas, birthdays, anniversaries, Independent Day, Dumpling Day, Tong Yuen Day, or EVERYDAY!!! Yum~ Yum~ Moreover, the special sauce for prawns' dipping is so delicious. It's a little sweet & sour & salty, luckily not bitter... XD The total combination of the prawns & sauce is fantastic!!! I personally don't wrap it with the lettuce, it tastes better to me. [Price: RM50 $$$$$ / Worthiness: Bravo!]

SUMMARY:
I have been to quite a number of Korean BBQ restaurants before this. However, this is the place which I will definitely go twice. Due to the services I received, the friendliness of all & the quality of the food, the price is worth paying for. As I have said, no harm splurging once in a while!!

Location:
1. No.17,17-1,17-2,Jalan Metro Perdana 7,Taman Usahawan, Kepong, KL.
2. No.9,1st Floor Plaza Crystal Ville Center,jalan 23/70A, Desa Seri Hartamas, KL.
& others...

Star-rating: 8/10*


Food Lover with Chef Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment