Monday, May 4, 2009

OLDTOWN WHITE COFFEE

Old Town White Coffee, I bet 90% of the KL-ians have been to this Kopitiam. This concept-kopitiam mushroomed out of control, the food has been promoted frequently. But are they really good?

To be honest, this is one of the place which is worth hanging out with friends. One of the best yam-cha place. The branches of this kopitiam are located at almost everywhere. You named it, you got it! The price of the food, ain't that bad, but still considered a little pricy for kopitiam-type-of-food.


My all-time-favourite drinks, ENRICH CHOCOLATE & BLACK CURRANT JUICE. It's always refreshing to drink something cold when the weather in our country is always hot. However, the Enrich Chocolate is a little too sweet. I have sweet-tooth, I can take it, but not for long, after a few sips, I can feel the sugar-content, ~.~ . Whilst the Black Currant isn't that bad, refreshing & not too sweet, just nice. [Price: ($) / Worthiness: Good]


Another must-order dish, which is the DOUBLE KAYA & BUTTER TOAST. The bread is so yummy & crispy, & it's filled with slices of frozen butter which melts in your mouth instead of on your hands. It's so good til the extent I will always order this whenever I'm dining in OldTown White Coffee.




NASI LEMAK RENDANG CHICKEN, which comes with rendang chicken (What am I talking??? Obviously there is rendang chicken in a nasi lemak rendang chicken!!! I'm going nuts!!! Fine!). The rendang sauce is very tasty, the level of spiciness is medium, just nice to suit most public. I always ask for more rendang sauce whenever I order this dish. Due to this reason, I will normally order Nasi Lemak Rendang Chicken instead of Nasi Lemak Special. However it depends on which branch you dine-in, this is because some of the branches' rendang sauce are quite oily & the chicken is not fresh [I opined through the chunkiness of the chicken (i.e. not tender!!!)]. All in all, the quality is still there, 90% of the time is good! [Price: ($) / Worthiness: Good]



The HAINANESE CHICKEN CHOP RICE
I love this rice-dish a lot!!! It's so yummy!!! The rice ain't too hard, the sauce isn't too sour, the chicken chop is tender yet crispy. However, this dish is quite filling, that's why it is better to share with someone. That is also why this is one of the best hang out place, chatting & sharing food with each other, building a better relationship with people, hehe... [Price ($) / Worthiness: Good]


IPOH CHICKEN HOR FUN
This is also one of my favourite dish (I can't help it, the food there is just tasty). OK, well, the soup is really nice, sweet & savoury, the chicken is quite tender & the prawns are usually fresh. However, the amount of the flat noodle (hor fun) is so little, why are they so stingy!!! Put more noodles into it!!! It's not enough to serve as a portion of food!!! Nonetheless, I'm still constantly ordering this dish, it's really yummy!!! [Price: ($) / Worthiness: Better than good]


IPOH LUM MEE
Personally, I do not recommend this dish, because it's not 1 of the best among the menu. It tastes bland & it looks dull, but it is not yuck-y, it is just too normal. It's more like ordinary soup based noodle instead of 'lum mee'. [Price: ($) / Worthiness: Fair]




SUMMARY:
I like this place. A very nice place to hang out with anyone. You can even bring a book, have a cup of white coffee & read. You can spend time there alone or with a bunch of friends/family. The price is acceptable, the food is good enough. What else you want more?

Locations:
You should know better than me, because you can find it almost everywhere!!!

Star-rating: 5/10*

No comments:

Post a Comment